Pages

11.09.2007

Inspiration in Arizona





I just got back from a business trip to Phoenix, Arizona. It was so nice, and warm too! I loved the natural landscaping all around. These were a few of my favorite plants, along with many more. I love this one with all the bumps like dramatic alligator skin.

We got to see many wonderful places, but one of the best was the Biltmore Hotel inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright but designed by Albert Chase McArthur. His use of masonry unit "textile block" construction is spectacular! I loved the concrete geometric 'sprite' statues around the grounds.

Check this link out for more info on the hotel:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Biltmore_Hotel

3 comments:

  1. awesome pictures. Looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for playing into my obsession. i am glad to know that we haven't met. randy told me that i had met you but i didn't think i had. i hope that mark's stories don't reflect to horribly on my hubby. i promise he isn't anything like that anymore. well maybe just a little with his friends still. if he were i am pretty sure that i would have passed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had fun on your trip. I wish Dan, the boys and I would have made it to a BYU game this year. We were wanting to get together with Nick, and paul on the 8th if your interested. I've only talked with Nick and Megan so far, so let me know if it works for you guys.

    ReplyDelete