Pages

5.01.2014

Empowering Children Through Water Safety

Welcome to May and National Water Safety Month!

Remember a couple posts ago I told you I was teaming up with a few others who have had life changing experiences with water? Each of us will be blogging about something about water safety each Thursday this month. Our hope in doing this is to help raise awareness about water and help empower both parents and children when it comes to water safety. I believe it's going to be very powerful!

To start off the month Kate Jones has shared some things she has learned about water safety and her experience. (Remember she is truly my flip side to the coin)

Along with Kate and my amazing swim instructor we have come up with adorable and informative water safety printable. (That Kate she can do magic in photoshop!!) Our hope and goal is to get this into as many hands as possible. To get the gears going in peoples minds and to possibly help save children's lives. Water truly is a big deal. Bigger than many people realize and should be treated with caution and respect.
(click here for the .pdf version of the printable)

So head over to Kate's post (click here) and follow each of us this month as we try to help Empower you and your children through water safety!!

Follow my other friends this month and read about their stories at their blogs here:
The Sullengers
The Hebbs

Also (click here) for a link of some resources on water safety month)


3 comments:

  1. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as I begin another year of swim lessons on May 19 th in my home pool. I have 28 three and four year olds this year, it grew from only 8 last year. But the word got around and some families knew of children that drown last year. Hugs to you, Dina Tallahassee, Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this! I have always been (what I thought) was careful with my kids around water, but this helps me to realize what I wasn't considering to be a danger- like my parent's hot tub. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this! I have always been (what I thought) was careful with my kids around water, but this helps me to realize what I wasn't considering to be a danger- like my parent's hot tub. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete