Pages

9.19.2008

Full of Emotions

As I sit here in this dark, quiet room and watch Miles sleep so peacefully, my heart is breaking inside as I hear the cries of other sick babies within the special care nursery. My heart is full of love while completely broken at the same time. I can’t help hold back the tears that are filling up my eyes, as I know how blessed Mark, Miles and I have been in the past week. Prayers are truly heard and answered, and I couldn’t be more thankful for all the blessings in my life right now. I only hope you are as blessed as we are.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Andrae. Isn't life a miracle? Not sure if you've heard this story or not, but when Eli was born, his left ear was ripped (nearly off) by the forceps. The doctors decided that he needed to be sent to Children's Hospital for a surgeon to stitch it back up. My doctor wouldn't release me, so I couldn't go with him. It wasn't much fun waiting for him, but luckily he was back to us within 24 hours. At the time it seemed like the worst thing ever to us, but when we look at others trials, we are certainly grateful for what we have. Keep up the good work, MILES! Can't wait to see more and more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so happy to hear he is getting better. My prayers are with you... and I hope soon you will be able to be able to take your cutie home with you. Our little girl was in the NICU after she was born and I couldn't be with her.. it was hard, but I know how much the Lord loves his children and was with her every second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrae, Congrats on the birth of your little Miles!! What a sweet heart! I am so sorry to hear about the complications. Cameron and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your beautiful, little boy! I'm so happy to hear he is doing better and getting stronger. I know you'll be relieved when you can finally have him home in his own special bed. He's a fighter! He'll impress us all with his perserverance.

    ReplyDelete