Pages

11.22.2012

Gratitude and Giving Thanks

As Thanksgiving is upon us I can't help but have a new perspective and gratitude for this holiday season. A season that I have always loved and looked forward to, but now hold sacred. What a beautiful time of year this is to be able to give thanks for all that we have been blessed with.

As the past 5 weeks have been challenging for me and my family they have been more beautiful than ever. I'm not even sure how that is possible, as our hearts are often so heavy. However, I feel more love, care, strength and companionship from my Heavenly Father than ever before in my life. I have a burning deep within my soul of gratitude for that which he has done, is doing and will do for me and my family.  My faith and love for him is strengthened more and more each day.

With that said, I would feel so ungrateful to my Eternal Father and my Savior if I didn't take time to share some of the many things I am grateful for during this sacred holiday of Thanksgiving.

- I am grateful for a testimony that my Father in Heaven lives. That he knows me personally. That  he loves me and will never forsake me. I have so much gratitude for him that he was selfless enough to allow his beloved son, my Savior Jesus Christ, to come to this Earth and atone for each one of us. That he loved each one of us enough to sacrifice his only begotten son for each one of us. I'm amazed and grateful at his strength, that he did not take that bitter cup from my Savior, as in the end it felt too much for him to bear. I'm sure that was a difficult thing for him to endure, but I'm so grateful that he was strong enough to not take that bitter cup from him as he pleaded for it to be removed.

- I am grateful that my Savior, and brother, Jesus Christ was willing to atone and die for me so that I could return to live with my Father in Heaven once again. To ensure that we could all live with our Eternal Families after we have proven ourselves worthy. I'm so grateful that he took that bitter cup upon himself for me. That he endured immense pain and sorrow so that my burdens may be lifted from me.

- I am beyond grateful that families are eternal. What a beautiful blessing and promise that is. I have a strong conviction in my heart to live my life worthily so that I may one day with loving arms embrace my handsome son Miles again and have my family together again. I know this day is not far away, it just seems so in this Earthly life. I look forward to this day!

- I am grateful for the power of prayer. Prayer is truly an amazing thing. What a wonderful opportunity to pour out your heart to your Father and be completely understood. To be able to commune with him whenever and where ever you are. It is because of the power of prayer that my family has been strengthened through our loss of Miles. The strength and lifting power that comes from prayer is a beautiful thing. The power of prayer is real and it is amazing!

- I am grateful for the companionship of the comforter.  With that I am grateful that I am worthy of his presence, peace, strength and guidance. I have never felt his presence so strong and so real in my life. Without his constant companionship I know that this trial would be unbearable.

- I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven loves me and Mark so much, that he trust us enough, to give us this difficult trial of losing Miles. That he has so much faith in us that he would allow us to bear this burden and I know that we will become better for it. I know that he will not give us more than we can bear. I am amazed that he thinks so highly of us that he would entrust us to endure this and know that we will be better because of it. If he thinks so highly of us, and loves us so much, then I know that with him, we will be better because of his refiner's fire.

- I am amazed and grateful that my Father in Heaven loves me so much that he would send me one of his chosen angels, Miles, to raise for 4 precious and wonderful years. With that  I am also grateful that Miles would chose me to be his mother on this Earth. I am so moved by this. I know that Miles is a chosen son of God, and that he has much more important work to do than this Earthly life could allow him. I am beyond grateful that I was able to have him make me a mother and to be his mother for eternity.

- I am grateful for all the tender mercies that the Lord has shown me and my family. Especially those as of late.There are so many that he bestows upon us daily. For that I am amazed, grateful and thankful.

These are just a few of the many things that I am grateful for this Thanksgiving season. I have many things to be thankful for and for that I am grateful and blessed.

6 comments:

  1. So beautifully said. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Thanksgiving too, and hold it sacred. Your thoughts have only added to that feeling. Thank you and we love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing woman and an incredible example to me in demonstrating such faith at such a difficult time. Lots of love to you and your family during this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this Andrae. I am so grateful for your example in learning from this. Love you! Also, have you heard of the blog Hope Shining Brightly? It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a beautiful and faith building testimony. It brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing it. Your faith has strengthened mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss. He's a beautiful boy.
    My daughter lost her 2 yr old drowning in her washing machine last March.
    Everyone tells her she is strong & she says she doesn't feel like it but I think mothers who have lost their children are some of the strongest women that ever lived. You are strong.
    maybe you & she can share comfort in each others stories. her blog is www.hebbsters.blogspot.com
    & I have started a blog for the grandparents who are mourning the loss also but trying to help their children get through each day. it is www.grandparentswithangels.blogspot.com
    I send love & hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete