Pages

2.18.2013

Have I Told You Today.....

The morning of Miles' accident I came into our room from a nice morning workout.
I told him to come here and I scooped him up and tossed him onto our bed.
I then threw myself next to him and asked him if he thought the bed was soft.
It was....it was a feather bed.
We then snuggled for a few minutes taking in the cloud of softness we were wrapped in.
We both giggled as we laid there.
I then looked him in the eyes and said to him something that my mother has always said to me....
(This picture was taken the morning of Miles' accident)

"Miles, Have I told you today that I love you?"
He then looked at me as he always did when I said this to him and smiled and giggled.
I then said to him,  "I Love You Miles!"

I'm so grateful that I took the time to tell Miles everyday that I loved him.
In fact I still tell him everyday.
I'm especially grateful that I took the time to snuggle with him and tell him that I loved him on that particular morning.

I always want my children to know that I love them.
Everyday of their lives!

Thank you mom for telling me and showing me that I am loved too.
This is a tradition that will always be carried on in our family.
Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Andrae! A good reminder to this momma to make sure my children are hearing it daily..... you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honest post. It is something we need to remember everyday. All your kids know how much you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling. Thank you for everything you share with us! I love it - I love learning from you - I love knowing how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete