Pages

7.01.2014

Happy First Birthday Clara

One year ago today this sweet girl left the presence of many wonderful people, including her big brother, and not only came into this world.....

But she came into our lives and changed us forever.
Clara Amy Kelly, you came to us so unexpectedly and during the hardest, darkest time in our family's lives so far.
Everyone told me what a miracle you were and how healing you would be for all of us.
Oh how they were right, but not in the ways they thought, or even we thought.

Clara you came as such a sweet spirit and continue to be one each day.
It sill can't believe we both made it through that trying time together. 
That new life came into me and held strong just as one left me and I was so weak.

You haven't necessarily healed my broken heart, but instead opened another chamber of my heart to love more. To discover love again.
You have given my arms something to hold on really hard days and nights.
My lips to smother kisses on soft cheeks.
And oh how you have kept my hands and feet busy chasing after you each day.
You have given my wondering mind something to focus on each day and distract me from dark places.
You have given your sister companionship and true friendship that she desperately missed.

You are and will always be our rainbow child.
What is a Rainbow Baby?
A Rainbow Baby is a baby born after a loss of a previous child.
It is understood that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of any storm.
When a rainbow appears, it does not mean the storm never happened or that we are not still dealing with it's aftermath. It means that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. 
Storm clouds may still hover, but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope.

We love you more than words can express Clara.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sweet Clara! Happy Birthday. You are so very beautiful. Your mother has captured such wonderful words about you and your presence into this earthly life so well. Happy Birthday darling girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! These words will lift her up always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best, most beautiful, explanation of Rainbow Babies I have read. The "counterbalance of color" spoke vividly to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete